After a weekend without internet service, here are some moments that made me blissfully happy…
1. Spending quality time with Colleen, especially the morning we left McKenzie – down by the lake on a foggy morning, listening to the loons and watching one land in the lake right in front of us to reunite with his family. And then the eagle flew over.
2. Smudging and praying for myself, my friends, thanking the creator for allowing me to be in this world at this place and time.
3. The hospitality and friendship that Susan and Doyle showed us at the Jumpin’ Jupiter General Store in Dodgeville, WI. Those are some seriously good people, and I’m grateful they exist in the world!!!
4. Watching my kids explore waterfalls and boulder fields…
5. Stopping in at Ali’s and finding her making her own waterski chair! 🙂
6. Sharing a picnic with Pat and Amy and the kids at Governor Dodge.
7. Driving with Colleen and listening to Raye Zaragoza.
8. Dave and Dawn’s hospitality.
9. Apple Pie.
10. Shopping at Cave of the Mounds.
11. Looking through old pictures that Dawn set aside for me.
12. The gentle (and not so gentle) reminders that I live an incredibly blessed, fortunate, and happy life with my friends and family in Colorado and beyond.